This year at Pearrygin was a little different in that there was A LOT fewer people to hang out with and no boat. I think that is a Pearrygin first for the Reid's. I think they used to bring three boats and now this year there was no boat. But it's ok. There really weren't any skiiers either. We would have taught Paul how to wakeboard but we'll get 'em next year. We still had a great time. We used the waverunners to pull the boys in tubes and go to the rope swing. The lake closes for skiiers at 6 on weekends and at 5 on our last night there on Saturday we finally got Jaxon in a tube! He refused to go all week. Which is odd for him because the past two years he has loved it. Once he got in and was off he was having a great time. He went on his knees and after a while I couldn't see him anymore. Dave did the stop sign and pulled Jaxon back up. He got sucked in his tube. From that point on he rode on Dave's lap, but still had a good time. Thankfully. Javen only went on two tube rides because he was afraid of going outside the wake. But that last ride on Saturday he had a blast and asked to loop around the lake again. He even went outside the wake and didn't get scared. Javen also impressed us a lot because he was determined to go off the rope swing. Unfortunetly at the time that the rope swing was pretty much emty of people Owen was asleep and all my sitters were floating in the water. So I couldn't go and get pictures. I got one video of him the next time he went but I don't know how to get it off my video camera and onto the computer. Melanie took still pictures for me but I don't have them yet. Javen went a total of four times! He didn't go as high up as Dave of course, but anything is great for a six year old kid! Jaxon made a new friend. She's actually a second cousin. There are some cute pictures of him and Rachel together. They got along great all week. It wasn't the most relaxing year at Pearrygin with Owen. It was so hot the first half of the week and he just couldn't get in a good nap. The heat, noises, etc. were just too much. I think he's happy to be home. Overall he did a great job, though. We went in to town more than we normally do this year. I don't think I will do that again. It's kind of a waste of good beach sitting time. But the boys got to go mini golfing twice and go for ice cream twice. Javen was also super excited that he got to go to the little store at the lake and buy a piece of candy all by himself with no help. He got a box of Nerds for a dollar! A dollar! That's too much money for Nerds! Well, like on Christen's blog I put up all my pictures in reverse order. I know I can rearrange them but that takes forever and I don't want to do it. So enjoy the pictures in backwards order.
Thanks!


Jaxon getting ready to tube!

Javen's nipples got sore from his life jacket. This one will be shown at his wedding!

Waiting outside the ice cream shop.
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time (even though we weren't there :-)). We should all be there next year with the boat. We'll see you at Christopher's reception!
What a great trip! I love it when families have summer traditions like this. I would not mind floating around in a lake right now. I suppose I could go to the beach but a) I don't have a swimsuit that would fit me in my current state and b) the beaches are far too crowded in summer so it's best to wait until the tourists leave. Love Owen's fat rolls tan lines!! :) So cute.
I wish SO bad that we could've been there! Owen is getting to be such a big boy! By the way, I love that you're a slacker like me!
Post a Comment