It all started last Friday night.....well Saturday morning. Jaxon came running out of his room at about 1:15 A.M. not being able to breathe. He complained between breaths that he can't cry. It was too hard because he couldn't breathe. Dave and I didn't know what to do. He doesn't have asthma, but it sure sounded like an asthma attack. After about twenty minutes we got him to calm down a bit and take deep slow breaths, but it was still hard for him to do that. So we finally decided after a half hour to take him to the ER. There they gave him some medicine and took x-rays. The medicine worked a little but once they found that his throat was pretty well closed up they gave him a steroid through a nebulizer to open his throat up. That worked but we had to moniter him there for 90 minutes. Jaxon finally fell back asleep at about 4:30 so we could wake him up at 5 to take him home. So that was a long night. Oh yeah, he had and has croup cough. Ever since then the coughing hasn't stopped. Dave has been sick all week now and of course, Javen came down with it last night. Fun! Lucky for me, so far I am in perfect health. Hopefully it stays that way. I know this stuff has been going around Bellingham, so for those of you that are sick I hope you get over this soon!
Dave preparing to blow his nose
Kiddo's resting and watching Star Warswith Dad.
1 comment:
That is awful! I hope everyone will be feeling better soon. I especially hope that you don't get sick. I can't believe you're due in 2 weeks! I left a present for you with my parents :-).
Post a Comment